Monday, June 9, 2014

Thoughts on the class

I found this class to be extremely informative as well as telling about how our society has evolved over the last couple of decades. We are making technological advances that people could have never even dreamed of years ago. With the help of Boyd and various articles we discusses, our class saw many perspectives on the use of technology. It was a true eye-opener for me. I realized how much we depend on social media to feel connected and this is just not the case. My friends and I now put our phones in the center of the table when we go out to eat. The first one to even reach for theirs has to pay the whole bill- no exceptions!! My point is- it's always going to be there and it probably is going to get even more insane as the years go on, but there will always be ways to remove it all for a moment.


1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, this class really did teach me a ton! I'm honestly embarrassed to admit that I never heard of some of the major things we talked about... like Amanda Todd and her story. I love how you and your friends put your cell phones in the middle of the table when you go out... that is such a good idea! I think I'm going to try and implement that because I always get so annoyed when my friends just sit there texting their boyfriend and honestly I get mad at myself when I sit there texting.

    ReplyDelete